This Saturday, September 21st from 9 am – 3 pm, there is a household hazardous waste collection at the Joint Water Pollution Control Plant in the West Maintenance Building Parking Lot. The address is 24501 South Figueroa Street.
Sponsored jointly by the Los Angeles County Sanitation Districts and the Department of Public Works. The Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) Collection Program gives Los Angeles County residents a legal and cost free way to dispose of unwanted household chemicals that cannot be disposed of in the regular trash.
THINGS YOU CAN BRING…
• Motor Oil, Antifreeze, Paint, Paint Thinner
• Turpentine, Cleaners with Acids or Lye
• Pesticides and Herbicides
• Household and Car Batteries
• Old Computers and Television Sets
• Sharps or Used Needles
• Expired Pharmaceuticals and Mercury Thermometers
HOW TO PREPARE…
• In general there is a limit of 15 gallons or 125 lbs. per vehicle.
• Bring items in a sturdy box, preferably in their original labeled containers.
• Be prepared to leave your containers.
• Do not mix products together.
For more information, call THE LOS ANGELES COUNTY SANITATION DISTRICTS at 800.238.0172